Thursday, February 5, 2015

Surrendering My Heart

There is no use in fighting it anymore. This feeling; this annoyingly persistent feeling has clearly demonstrated it is here to stay. The more I fight, the weaker my heart becomes. My chest begins to cave in everytime I try to resist your affection. My resistance was not really a voluntary action, but with this connection seeming too good to be true, I felt the need to consciously protect myself from "potential" heartbreak. Yet you still managed to tear down my fortress of defense. I am speechless when you openly express your undeniable love for me. I wish I had just an ounce of that confidence you possess. The words just flow from your lips with no nervous tone. Always looking me directly in the eyes, causing all these weird emotions and feelings to build inside of me.  You're too good to me for these insecurities and uncertainties to still exist.

Your presence stopped being a want a long time ago, and as much as I try to run away from the thought, I cannot call myself a real woman if I didn't say that I do need you in my life. Waking up next to you is something I look forward to and does not feel right any other way. True happiness is not fulfilled unless I have someone to share it with. Though our flesh may die alone, doesn't mean we have to live it the same way. Giving your all to another is not an easy thing, especially when the future is so unclear. But, if I do not give my all, then in a way I am cheating myself of my own happiness and life with you.

Your love suffocates my doubts and swallows my pride. Secure these words as a spiritual vowel between two hearts. Not many get this privilege of experiencing priceless moments with a significant other. Love doesn't have to be a battlefield or even require armor. Maybe the problem lies within the armor itself. Or at least how you wear it. Leaving ones heart open at times does not necessarily make one weak or vulnerable. It gives another heart an opportunity to mend what was once scared or broken. A fresh start. Another chance. A new beginning. Surrending is not defeat and can actually be the solution to many of your problems. I know that now thanks to you.

God put me here for a reason and my future only seems to become clearer the longer you are in it. You deserve all of me; heart, body, and soul. At this point, I see no other reason to doubt what we have. This foundation was carefully built and these two hearts will work together to sustain its longevity.


No comments:

Post a Comment