As I walk down this dark path in the night, the feelings start to overcome me. They call to me when I am vulnerable. Soft whispers in my ear drawing my attention away from where I need to be. I want it and feel that I have to have it at that moment. Prying at my weaknesses, they begin to manipulate my mind into believing this is what I need. This decaying and rotted road blinds me with appealing desires I know will only lead to my regretful fate. I see figures in the shadows, calling my name. Now they only show up in the darkness and never really show their true face. But so persuasive and arousing they can be. They seduce me by telling me things, though I know are too good to be true, that make me crave for more. These inner desires are affecting my moral judgment. Inclination is rising...
But as soon as I feel that my vulnerability has gotten the best of me and I have allowed these desires to ruin my relationship with the ones I love, the light begins to peak behind the trees. Those figures in the shadow start to slither away and reality sets in. Apart of me feels ashamed and disgusted while the other starts to fear. Darkness will soon come back around, and those figures within the shadows will be prying yet again. But as the light continues to rise, I look up and remember Him; the one who has been there and saved me during my darkest hours. Why then should I fear? These secret desires are not worth losing everything. I would rather have long term happiness than temporary satisfaction.
No comments:
Post a Comment