Friday, September 19, 2014
Getting Too Close
I find myself getting too attached to people I consider friends. I always want to show my support and let them know that I am there if they need me. I hate seeing them sad or hurt and I know when they are putting on a poker face. I see them hurt and I want to help. Sometimes I try to convince myself that if I help them feel better then it will ease the stress I have with the things I go through. It also seems as though I am the only one who is not afraid to tell a friend the truth about themselves or if they are in the wrong. Isn't that what friendship should be about. No you will not always get along and may have disagreements here or there, but why is it that when I have a disagreement with a friend I am made to feel like I am a bad person? Everyone else can get upset at each other but two seconds later be talking again, but why do I get treated like crap? It really hurts but what can I do? I see some of them as brothers or sisters but I don't think they feel the same. I just want to give up. I know I should not let this concept get to me as much as I let it but I cannot help it. It all comes down to the fact that I care too much. For the wrong reasons I don't know. But for some reason, my efforts when trying to communicate with people I see as friends seems to only push them further away from me. What am I doing wrong? Was it something I said? How I said it? Am I just too honest with people? Lord just give me a clear sign because I am tired of this feeling. Others may find this silly but I just want to be free of this heartache. I know my words sound like I am rambling but there is no clear structure to what I am feeling right now. Sometimes I wonder if my was ever meant to be around people. I am much quieter than others I know and I am not as outgoing. I wish I was, maybe then I would not feel so bad about myself.
Labels:
attachment,
close,
friendships,
relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment