Friday, September 19, 2014
In the Eye of the Beholder
I never really considered myself the "attractive" type of female. I never had boys wanting to talk to me (that I know of). I did not start dating until I was 17 and it still felt weird to hear someone say I was beautiful. It could be the fact that I have been struggling seeing beauty within myself because growing up people loved to point out that I had a big nose. Of course I know this I see it everyday in the mirror and wish I could get rid of it. To this day I am still insecure about my looks and find it weird when my boyfriend of almost 4 years goes into detail about how attractive I am. Now I do not want or look for sympathy or attention and I do not find myself ugly, but saying the word "beautiful" well let's just say it would not be one of my top 10 words when describing myself. Something I have struggled with for too long and too long I have allowed it to keep me in the shadows...Fast forward....I have been taking more pictures of myself and for some reason analyzing my appearance. I am kind of glad I have this imperfection because I think without it I would of grown to be like most of these other "attractive" females with stuck up attitudes, thinks the world revolves around them, and poor personalities. I will say though I still hate my nose, I do have more positive feelings about my looks. I like my pictures and I am slowly becoming more confident. I may not have the smallest nose, best smile, or perfect shape, but there comes a time in your life when you have to accept your imperfections and make them perfect in your own special way
Labels:
appearance,
beauty,
beholder,
eyes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment