Friday, September 19, 2014

Losing Connections

Friendship..It can be so confusing, frustrating, and hurt at times. It can have a big impact on your life. No matter how much you care for others and feel you had a genuine sense of friendship it does not mean they will feel or treat you the same way. Whether it is due to misunderstanding, lack of communication, or that fact that they may be just too afraid to get close to people it does not matter because God's purpose was not for you to focus on the uncertain. It seems like the concept of friendship has changed. You apparently are not allowed to show emotion. Calling or texting just to see how a person is doing is now annoying or another way of being nosy. Telling someone the truth when they're in the wrong is like the ultimate sin and you are now at fault. And apologizing is out the question. Crazy right? Well I have learned to take it as one of those lessons in which helps me to better understand who I am as an individual and who I should associate myself with. You cannot go very far if you continue to be around negative people. I do not need anyone in my "corner" because we all have our own struggles but some assurance would be nice here and there...I can honestly say life does get better when you allow God to take away the negative people in your life. It may be hard and you may ponder on it from time to time, especially when you're someone like me who cares regardless, but sometimes it's for the best. Remember the first step to any recovery is acceptance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment