Sunday, November 23, 2014

Homesickness

Emotions hit me before the thought of it. Sporadic moments making it even more difficult to focus on what is at hand. Not something I am quick to admit because I want to prove I can be independent and strong on my own. But isn't it possible to be that while still missing home? Which home I don't know. I feel as though this home I speak of is not a building or a in a specific location. The home I stay longing for is a collection of souls. A culture of individuals that give me a sense of belonging. No red, shiny, shoes can help me to escape this feeling. Only four more weeks of this thought provoking agony, though it feels like forever. The sweet feeling of homecoming will be one to remember. Like a flower when it first begins to bloom in the springtime, or the taste of fresh water against one's lips after playing basketball in the summer heat. No more long distance from the man I love and a break from the educational atmosphere is a milestone I will be happy and grateful to embrace. Homesickness is something we all will go through one day in life and many times it comes without warning. I have accepted that. The problem I have is the fact that I know I cannot always control when or how it occurs. But when reassurance comes knocking at that door, I will be there to answer with a sign of relief on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment