No fairy tale lie within these walls. I am the only character yet I play two roles. The protagonist and antagonist. This story begins with a mirror and a defeated me. Tears no longer fall from these eyes. They no longer have a meaning. The sound of the clock is fading, my time is near. The eyes staring back at me are not my own. I begin to throw myself against the cement walls trying to numb this feeling. It is my fault. I did this to myself. I let my past control my present. Blood is running down the side of my face as I see my way out in the corner of the room. A broken piece of reflection. My mind and heart are heavy. I cannot take it anymore...
Fighting myself is the moral to this story. I am wanting and looking for change within myself while patience is knocking at the front door. Why won't I just let it in? These conflicting emotions are destroying my sanity. I have failed. I keep thinking everyone is out to get me. They are coming to get me and erase my existence. I have proven that I am not perfect as they wanted me to be. I was their precious gift, their trophy, their hope. But one mistake and I became their biggest disappointment. What are they saying now? What do they think of me? What did I do wrong that didn't suit their needs? My mistakes are made clear and thrown in my face, at least that is what I keep telling myself. As my mind wanders into the darkness, the thought of a sharp blade cutting my wrists is all I see. It's all I feel...
No comments:
Post a Comment