Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Letting Go...

We all have our own demons and struggles. We are all unique individuals with different personalities, strengths, weaknesses, etc. How we handle a situation is not the same due to our differences. So why is it so hard for people to understand that letting go of something is not that easy for me. I am not you and God clearly did not make us the same way, to handle things the same, or think the same. Yet people still want to address my problems as to how they are and how they would handle situations. If that is your way of helping then please keep it to yourself because you are doing the complete opposite. I cannot help that I over think things and allow things to get to me the way they do. No it is not an excuse and I know I need to overcome this demon. But I was not built to think like others. Maybe God has a purpose for my thinking and over analysis. It amazes me how people who never walked a day in your shoes or mind can just easily tell you to let things go without getting the full story. Taking the time to change their perspectives on how they look at the situation is not in their interest. If they don't think it should be a problem for you and unimportant to their lives, they want you to feel the same way. Yet they are not the ones going through it. Just because one person just needs a couple months to let go doesn't mean the other person doesn't need a couple years to let go of their problems. You period of waiting and deliverance should not be compared to mine. I have to carry this weight until I learn how to control my thoughts and become more disciplined with my mind. You can't even imagine how much I want to let this go and move forward. But remember I am not you and you are not me. Letting go is not something that comes easy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment