Saturday, October 4, 2014

Changing Seasons

Autumn leaves fall as my heart continues to race. What was once green and plentiful it now dying swiftly. The sunset is settling in. The sounds of squirrels shuffling through the leaves and birds singing are slowly fading away. My mind is racing. As I continue to walk down this lonely path, the only sounds I hear are the wind and my footsteps against the leaves.  The feeling of disappointment crosses my mind because I know I shouldn't continue to let things get to me. But I cannot help it. Spring, Summer, now Fall. This feeling may never go away...Ahead I notice this isolated, blooming flower. What seems to be out of place and not belong is still managing to put on a fight. Whether it's a sign or not, for some reason this little flower has given me signs of hope. Autumn leaves are still falling but my heart and mind are no longer racing. I think I will be okay. No, I know I will be okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment