Friday, October 3, 2014

Let's Play A Game

You have your deck and I have mine. You want to win and so do I. Both absorbed in our selfish ways. What's at stake? Pride. Not wanting to give in we both play this little mind game. You want to be the rebel while I want to stay humane. As you begin to make your move, I quickly plan mine. You prevailed once but I refuse to surrender again. As you lay your card down, I notice a change in your movement. It wasn't arrogance or skill that influenced this play. This is my chance to settle the score. But settling is not enough. Destroying you was my ultimate goal and I will not lose out on this opportunity to do so. My move...Game over. I finally succeeded. No longer will I have to play this mental game with you. Two states of mind can no longer occupy this same space. Clarity has arrived. Free...free at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment