Friday, October 3, 2014
Perfection
Conquered everything but my peace of mind. No matter how much I plan or organize I will never be perfect and it is time to accept this fate. I try and try but it continues to blow up in my face. I cannot do everything right, I will make mistakes. I should not feel ashamed of my "failures" if I know I put in an honest effort. I cannot please everyone and everyone will not like me. I need to stop trying to find appraisal in all the wrong places. I don't need an applause every time I do something right or good for someone. I am a good person, I am a good person. Just because someone disagrees with my ideas, moral, or character does not mean I have to change it or take it personal. Too long I have built my life and my decisions based on what others thought and wanted from me. Changing who I am just to be able to be apart of another groups lifestyle or satisfy the ones around me is the most selfless thing I could ever do to myself. Well no more!. It is time to focus on me and find happiness within myself. If you disagree with my beliefs and personality then I will no longer give you the luxury of bringing down my self-esteem. Being true to the face I have to look at everyday in the mirror is all I want to be. Though the feeling of assurance and appraisal feels great, no longer will I let it determine my state of being...me.
Labels:
failure,
organized,
perfection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment